One Bite Challenge Recipes
Makes: 9 servings
Prep time: 12 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
2 large Yukon gold potatoes, peeled
2-3 1-inch marbled prime filets, trimmed
1. Preheat the grill to high heat using Kingsford® charcoal.
2. While grill preheats, shred potatoes into a medium bowl and season to taste with spice mixture.
3. Rub both sides of the steaks with the spice mixture as well.
4. Warm a griddle on the grill, then spread the seasoning mixture onto the hot griddle in a flat layer and cook until crispy and browned on both sides, about 5-8 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and cut into 2 1/2-inch croustades.
5. Grill steaks to desired doneness, about 5-7 minutes total for medium rare. Flipping once, remove from heat and let rest, then cut into 1 1/2-inch squares.
6. To assemble, add a dollop of sour cream to each potato croustade, place steak on top and drizzle with tiger sauce.
Recipe created by the Motley Que Crew Competition Barbecue Team for the One Bite Challenge category of the Kingsford Invitational.